Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Easter Egg Garland Swap

Jennifer of Artrageous Afternoon hosted an Easter Egg Garland swap several months ago, and after a great and yet-to-be-posted experience with a Valentine card swap I jumped at the chance to trade more paper art. We each decorated 5 eggs and sent them to Jennifer who shuffled them up, put them into banner form with a ribbon and teeny clothes pins and sent them back.




By Amy Wald



Who made this one?? It wasn't signed! And they went all out decorating side 1 and...



Side 2; lovely!




By Melinda of Melinda's Fabric Fancies; here's her post about some of the eggs she made.





By Joanna of Sweet Finds; here's her post about the eggs she made.



Who made this one??


Here are the eggs I contributed to the swap.


I had to make a 6th one for me to keep of course! As you can see I tend to be pretty precise in my paper art; I'm working on being a bit more relaxed and free form. It's a process, and I'm excited to see where I end up!


I wish that all the artists had labeled their Easter eggs; as you can see there are couple that were blank, so I have no idea who to thank.
.
This was such a fun swap and now I have a wonderful piece to add to my Easter and spring decor. Thanks to Jennifer and to each of the talented ladies whose lovely Easter eggs I received!

2 comments:

Ashli said...

You can swap like no bodies business.

Thanks for the ideas. I love Diners and Dives, basically anything on the Food Network! Yum. I also love anything about travel.

I am with you. Keeping our focus on Christ is something we have to be intentional at doing. It does not come naturally. We have to fight our inner selfishness every day.

Thank you for the links to the sermon, etc. You Rock!

Nana Time said...

Keep showing us your crafts....I love seeing them!