Saturday, January 24, 2009

Completed: Winter Whimsy Mitten Swap


So have I mentioned: I LOVE SWAPS!! Yes, I do worry every time that I picked weird stuff or didn't send enough stuff, but every swap I've done thus far has turned out so well that I end up forgetting the worries and being so excited to sign up for the next one. Jenny of The Red Bulletin Board was my partner for A Swap For All Seasons' Winter Whimsy Mitten Swap. As the title suggests we were to swap mittens we had either made or embellished along with some "wintery/whimsical" goodies. First up: the loot I got from Jenny!




Look how cute everything was wrapped! She could have wrapped up bricks and empty paper towel tubes, and I wouldn't have been too mad because they came wrapped looking so CUTE! (For the record: Jenny, I appreciate the lack of bricks and paper towel tubes :P )



Once I could bring myself to actually mess up the wrap jobs, here's what I found:

--not 1, not 2, but 3 pairs of mittens! You can see Jenny embellished one pair with my initial in pink buttons (favorite color!). Which made me laugh out loud (for real, not just saying that)...when you see what I sent her you'll understand. The black pair features a gorgeous white button on the cuff and I do believe the blue/pink/white pair might be vintage?? I say that because the cute stripes remind me of 80s running shorts. LOVE my mittens!!
--Mitten ornament
--Mitten stuffed with Sugar Cookie bath goodies (YUM)
--Nutcracker Sweet holiday tea (Jenny's favorite)
--January magazine with mittens on the cover
--Vintage crochet booklet with instructions for making all sorts of winter projects (hats, gloves etc)
--Pink reindeer ring
--Pendant that Jenny made!



She used part of the swap button graphic; how creative is this! I was so impressed when I opened it.


She included a little nod to the pink reindeer I posted about several weeks ago; how cute!

I really enjoyed going through this box and felt so special; it was obvious that Jenny put a lot of thought into each item. I really liked how she carried the mitten theme throughout so many of the items and added those little touches that showed that she read my blog. Thank you, Jenny!!


Here's what I sent her:


--Mittens with red (a nod to her favorite color, fire engine red) buttons in a snowflake/star design
--Scarf with a "J" and another snowflake in red buttons...we had no idea that we were both doing button initials; great minds think alike!
--flying pig suncatcher (Jenny loves flying pigs)
--big, green forest scented candle (Jenny likes pine scent)
--hot chocolate
--Peppermint Peep marshmallows for floating in the hot chocolate (What...you've never had peppermint peeps? Oh, you gotta get some of those. GREAT in hot chocolate)
--"Whimsy" banner (I made it!)
--Snowflake stickers for Jenny's little boy


I was quite proud of these! I've not done much sewing, so I was very pleased when these turned out so cute. Let me tell you (and, Jenny, you know this now, too) sewing inside of a mitten is hard! I finally found a method that worked, but goodness it stumped me the first few tries.




Wintery whimsy banner.




I love this fat little pig with its teeny, tiny wings. This came from Maggiegirl's Etsy shop.


What a great swap! I really enjoyed getting to know a little about Jenny through this swap, and I think that's the main point. The fun stuff is just a nice bonus :)


Go check out A Swap For All Seasons' Vintage Spring Sweetness Swap open until Feb. 7 for signups; you gotta get in on this swap fun!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It was all so wonderful!! Thank you again, and I don't think I even told you I collect stars so the mittens are even better than you original thought!!I am going to "borrow" some of the pictures you took for my blog!! Thank you again!!